We are all worried about global warming and its destructive influence, but for many citizens, it’s pure fiction, a danger that will never affect their lives. This is despite the fact that global warming can have some terrifying and non-obvious outcomes:
- The desert bacteria might die. Numerous kinds of bacteria live in the desert soils and all of them live in the climate that best fits their species. But with the raising temperature and various changes that it brings some of the bacteria may die, the other’s population will become so minor that it would cause the erosion of the desert soil.
- The oceans will become darker. This comes from this logical chain of events, verified by scientists:
- The icebergs are melting.
- The amount of rainfall will rise.
- The level of the rivers will increase.
- Their flows will bring more silt and debris into the oceans that will make the ocean waters less transparent.
For the past decade, in the coastal regions of Norway, the waters have become noticeably darker.
- New allergies will bring us more suffering. With global warming, Spring will start shortly after New Year’s Day in January and the amount of pollen and other dust will increase to torture allergic persons more.
- The population of pheidole megacephaly and other dangerous invasive creatures is increasing and they are destroying the ecosystems by eating the food resources of the other animals.
- The sunlight will reach the bottom of Arctic Ocean. With the melting of the ice, it will cause some really terrible aftereffects. First of all, there are a lot of creatures that used to live in constant full darkness and will now need to face sunlight in the summer. Second, this may bring various algae and other plants that previously did not flourish there which will break the balance of the ecosystem.
The other point of discussion among scientists is the cause of the global warming. There are several theories:
- Changes in solar activity.
- Changes of the axis angle of the Earth.
- The accumulation of solar energy by the world’s oceans.
- Volcanic activity.
- An unknown interaction between the Earth and the rest of the planets in our solar system.
- Human activity.
- Also, the hypothesis that states that global warming could start without any reason.
Meanwhile, scientists are working to try to find the ways to save our climate. Each one of us can look for ourselves and make good decisions that will help to preserve our planet.