The doctoral dissertation is one of the hardest and most draining works you can come up against after graduating from a university. This science work can totally impact your future career and determine the science field you’ll work in. So if you’ve decided to take this challenge, be ready to solve a ton of problems. A PhD dissertation is something that you can’t cheat.
You’ll need to follow rules similar to other academic papers, which means: no plagiarism, correct writing style, sound grammar, and formatting specifics. The process also involves: researching, drafts, writing, editing. If you think this process is easy, you’re wrong. Only 3% of US citizens have a doctoral degree in their profession, and this number fluctuates. For example, in 2000 it was only 1% of the population.
First of all, let’s agree that getting a Ph.D. isn’t necessary. Many people become high-quality professionals and earn good money without these three letters before their name. And making the hard and serious decision to challenge yourself with a doctoral dissertation must be your choice and only yours. Don’t let anyone tell you what to do. It’s not only because of your right to make your own life choices, but because attempting that laborious science paper and future career and failing it may be very harmful to your mental health. So, if you don’t really feel like it’s the most important thing in your life, just drop it. If you’re now committed to write a Phd dissertation, then you’ve already got a master’s degree which is very valuable. But if you’re going to make science your priority in life, sooner or later, the need to get a doctoral degree will appear. So, take your time and think about if you really want it or not. To avoid a situation where you’re pushing yourself into writing a PhD dissertation, try to calm down, and shut out all opinions but your own. Make your own list of pluses and minuses. And if there’s the clear evidence in either direction, make a move to change your life right away.
The dissertation is a much more independent and complex work than your previous coursework or master’s thesis. As you know, it differs not only with the length but also in content and in the form of statements. If your other academic papers were based on a statement that you’ve created after making some research, the dissertation must contain your thought on the newly made; your own original research in the field. You need to prove that all these years led you to become a real scientist who does not only have a critical and logical thinking but also can make a whole new research and show the world the entirely different side of the subject you work on. Be prepared for the doctoral dissertation you work on to be published as a book or as several science articles.
How to write a Phd dissertation?
Never wait for inspiration. Writing such a large paper is all about making writing your daily routine. It’s your job now to be an author, to show yourself as a professional in your chosen occupation!
Don’t interrupt yourself. Writing is a tough process that requires full concentration. That’s why time-management techniques like 10/5; work/rest won’t help. Instead, try to write for an hour straight. And make four to five repeats of these exercises. That will be difficult at first, but soon it will become a habit.
This amount of work will need a strong planning. If you’ve got issues with long-term planning, use time-management apps to help you plan.
The requirements for a PhD dissertation structure can differ, but there are always common tasks that you’ll need to perform.
Phd dissertation structuring:
- The title page. Remember that you can always change the title and the main statement while researching or writing drafts. A straight, strong title is always the best option.
- Abstract. The essence of your dissertation. It usually contains the hypothesis you want to prove to readers. Also, it must contain your research methods. Overall, this is the shortest part of your dissertation, but its value is very high.
- Acknowledgements. Mention the scientists and works that inspired you to pursue your original science work. And don’t forget the people that actually helped you with your research and writing.
- Contents pages. A table of contents helps readers to understand the dissertation’s structure.
- Introduction. If you don’t want to edit it too many times, you’d better write the introduction to your paper after all other chapters (especially the body chapters) are done.
- Materials and literature review. This may be the most confusing chapter. Here you need to show that you’re informed about research others did in your field and that you understand how your work fits in and offers some new question for other scientists to work on in the future.
- Sources, material, and methods. The chapter where you tell the audience exactly how you did the research. Try to mention as many details as you can.
- Findings. The main part of the dissertation where you represent the results of your research and explain the details of your work.
- Discussion. In this piece, you need to review your own work and discuss what influence it ,ay have on the subject you researched.
- Conclusion. Here you need to sum-up the two previous chapters and make a conclusion based on them.
- References. To make this paragraph perfect, don’t forget any of your references. Be sure to structure it in the appropriate style for your specific school.
- Appendices. It’s a place for links and items that may interrupt the main chapters but are important and interesting for readers.
How to write a PhD dissertation with the help?
As the dissertation is a complex product that connects with many other people besides you, there’s a need to arrange all the events with your advisor and set the dates for meetings. The same thing is true for the committee for your proposal defense. There are so many ways you can interact with them, so you should discuss these opportunities in advance. How many times per month will you meet? What pieces of writing will you need to show at these meetings?
At any rate, the dissertation requires expert science work and you’ll need a professional to help to accomplish it. An expert editor is a must for finishing dissertations. So you should think ahead and reserve an editor to check your writing chapter by chapter. This will save you a lot of precious time. At Propaperwritings.com, you can find not only a proficient editor, but you also can seek for help at any stage of writing and formatting. Out of ideas? Tired of long, monotonous work? Have style or grammatical issues? Sign up for our custom writing service with simple and fast registration and get your help ASAP.
As for the proper usage of Propaperwriting.com service, we advise you to follow these tips:
Choose wisely. Once you register an account you can find yourself a good editor. We made it easier for you with filters and writer/editor’s profiles. You can pick that one expert that matches your science field and has the right experience.
Estimate your abilities and health. If you feel like taking all the work by yourself is going to be too much, just ask for help from our writers. You can work in tandem and relay the tough part of the work to your academic assistant. Don’t be afraid to ask for help with a tough and complex job. Our ghostwriters are skilled and can help you with any kind of work that comes up while writing your dissertation.
Leave extra time for proofreading. Always set deadlines for your editor, that way you’ll have time to make improvements. Even if you’re an academic paper magician there’s always a place for the technical corrections.
Pay for a good work. With Propaperwritings, you have the chance to check your writing before paying for it or by paying in a few installments. It’s reassuring to have these options when ordering a paper that big.
And remember that you always have a second chance to get the doctoral degree if something went wrong. So never give up!